ignou ac in
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the reach of higher education by offering quality and relevant programmes at affordable cost.
News and Announcements
- Entries are invited for Student Innovation Award 2022
- Needs Assessment for Developing a Programme on MA Performance Studies in Open and Distance Learning ODL
- Online awareness programme for Project Muse database on 20th September 2022
- Learner Charter of IGNOU
- School of Interdisciplinary and Transdisciplinary Studies IGNOU is organizing a National seminar on Protecting Life on Earth on 16th September 2022
- Date Sheet for Practical Examination – June 2022
- Online Programme Date Sheet for December 2021 Term End Examination
- National Webinar on Shri Aurobindo and His Vision for Humanity to be held on September 12th 2022 at 12.30 pm
- Needs Assessment for Developing a Programme on Certificate in Nano Technology in Open and Distance Learning(ODL)
- Poster/slogan competition to celebrate Poshan Maah, MSc(DFSM) students can participate
- Answer Key in respect of CET Entrance Test -DACE Programme held on 31-07-2022
- Entrance Test Result of DACE-CET July 2022
- PGDCFT and MSCCFT facilitative Guidelines for Completing Practical Courses, Internship and Dissertation (for December 2022 & June 2023 TEE)
- UGC Approved Short Term Development Programme – Recent Advances in Library Management and Information Technology
- Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav – Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan-Take a Pledge
- Ignou Grade Card Status: 2022 latest IGNOU update
- IGNOU Admission – 2022
- How To Submit IGNOU Assignment – in detailed
What is Ignou?
Ignou is the world’s largest Open University, with over 4 million students enrolled in its various programmes. It offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes through its network of regional centres and study centres.
The university also has a strong focus on research, with over 600 research projects currently underway. It has a team of over 1,200 full-time and part-time faculty members, who are engaged in teaching and research activities.
The Ignou website is a comprehensive resource for students, with information on all aspects of the university, its courses, facilities and services. The site also provides access to a range of online resources, such as the university’s e-learning platform, Ignou TV and the Ignou Radio service.
|IGNOU or Indira Gandhi Open National University has been delivering higher education through distance and open learning. It came into existence …||IGNOU.ac.in Term End Exam|
|Conducting Body||Indra Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
IGNOU has been declared the largest institute of higher education by UNESCO. It is accredited by NAAC with A++ grade. IGNOU has 21 Schools of Studies, 67 …
IGNOU has also issued the assignment guidelines for candidates to refer to on ignou.ac.in. TN Education Desk. Updated Sep 19, 2022 | 04:03 PM …
|Exam Sessions||Morning (10 AM to 1 PM) and Afternoon (2 PM to 5 PM)
IGNOU June term-end exam results 2022 declared at ignou.ac.in · IGNOU June term-end exam results 2022: The Indira Gandhi National Open University ..
The IGNOU Online University for admission in higher courses through Open and … Exam has been published online and you may download it from www.ignou.ac.
|IGNOU December TEE Date Sheet PDF 2021-22
www.ignou.ac.in: IGNOU June 2021 Date Sheet, Re-Registration & Fresh Admission Last Date extended to 31st July 2021 @ ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.
The Different Types of Courses Offered by Ignou
- There are a variety of courses offered by Ignou, which cater to different needs and interests. Below is a brief overview of some of the most popular courses:
- 1) Certificate Programs: These short-term programs are designed to provide students with specific skills and knowledge in a particular field. They typically last for 6-12 months, and can be taken either online or offline.
- 2) Diploma Programs: These programs offer a more in-depth study of a particular subject, and typically last for 1-2 years. Students enrolled in a diploma program will take both theoretical and practical courses.
- 3) Degree Programs: Degree programs usually take 3-4 years to complete, and offer a comprehensive education in a chosen field. Students will take courses in both theory and practice, and will often be required to complete a research project or thesis.
- 4) Masters Programs: Masters programs are designed for students who wish to pursue advanced study in a particular field. These programs typically last for 2 years, and require the completion of a research thesis.
- 5) Doctoral Programs: Doctoral programs are the highest level of study available at Ignou. These programs are designed for students who wish to pursue careers in academia
The Eligibility Criteria for each Course
Before you apply for any course on the IGNOU official website, it is important that you check the eligibility criteria. This is to ensure that you are eligible for the course and will be able to complete it. The eligibility criteria can vary depending on the course, so make sure to check the specific requirements before you apply.
The Admission Process of Ignou
The admission process of Indira Gandhi National Open University (Ignou) is conducted both offline and online. Candidates can either visit the official website of the university or can apply through the regional centres. The admission process generally starts in the month of May and continues until August.
Candidates who wish to apply offline can get the application form from the regional centres. The application form has to be duly filled and submitted along with the required documents. The regional centre will then forward your application to the university.
Candidates who wish to apply online can do so by visiting the official website of Ignou. The website has an online admission portal where candidates can fill in their details and submit the application form. The application fee has to be paid through credit/debit card or net banking.
After the submission of the application form, candidates will be allotted a study centre. They will then have to appear for an entrance test, which is mandatory for all courses. Based on their performance in the entrance test, candidates will be granted admission into the desired course.
The Exam Pattern and Syllabus of Ignou
The Examination Pattern and Syllabus of IGNOU are decided by the IGNOU Board. The students who wish to appear for the examination have to submit their application form along with the prescribed fee before the last date. The examination is held twice a year, in the months of June and December.
The IGNOU Board has released the IGNOU Exam Pattern and Syllabus for the upcoming session. The pattern of the examination has been changed this year and will be based on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). There will be four sections in the question paper and each section will have 25 MCQs. The total marks for the examination will be 100 and the duration of the exam will be two hours.
The syllabus for the examination has also been released by the board. The syllabus is divided into four sections, namely, General English, General Awareness, Numerical Ability and Test of Reasoning. Each section will have 25 MCQs and the total marks for the section will be 25.
The candidates who are appearing for the examination must go through the IGNOU Exam Pattern and Syllabus thoroughly to score good marks in the examination.
The Results and Grading System of Ignou
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (Ignou) follows a very simple and straightforward results and grading system. The main aim of this system is to promote and encourage a healthy academic competition among the students.
There are two types of examinations conducted by Ignou, which are Term-end Examinations (TEEs) and Continuous Assessment Tests (CATs). TEEs are conducted at the end of each semester, whereas CATs are held throughout the semester. The results of both these examinations are taken into account while preparing the final grade sheet of a student.
A student needs to obtain a minimum of 40% marks in both TEEs and CATs in order to pass the course. However, the passing marks for CATs are relaxable to 30% for those students who belong to the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) category.
The grades awarded to students who pass their courses are as follows:
– A grade: 60% and above
– B grade: 50% to 59%
– C grade: 40% to 49%
– D grade: 30% to 39%
– E grade: below 30%
The Placements and Careers after Studying from Ignou
After completing your studies from Ignou, you can find many jobs in different companies and organizations. There are plenty of opportunities for students who want to pursue their careers in various fields such as teaching, government jobs, private sector jobs, etc.
Students can also start their own businesses after completing their studies from Ignou. Many successful entrepreneurs have started their businesses after getting their degrees from Ignou. So, if you are looking for a good career option after completing your studies, then you should definitely consider Ignou.
ignou ac in
So there you have it! Three different ways to access IGNOU’s website. Whether you want to explore the courses offered by the university, apply for admission, or check your results, these websites will come in handy. Do bookmark them for future reference.